8 Best Leaf Blower 2020 | Cordless Leaf Blower Vacuum UK Review
If you spend time maintaining your home garden, and love gardening, then yes, leaf blowers are worth the investment since they are versatile machines that can simplify your gardening work.
Here’s why you should think about buying a leaf blower:
- They save you a lot of time that you would spend raking leaves to maintain your garden.
- They save you from the aches and pains that come with raking leaves.
- They’re worth the investment because they double up as a vacuum and a mulcher.
How to choose the right model of leaf blower
When you try and research leaf blowers, you might think you can pick any one, But there are lots of options out there. You need to choose from options like gas or electric, cord or cordless, and power to choose the perfect model for your garden, patio and porch.
Here are the different kinds of leaf blowers available in the market:
Leaf blowers that run on gas
Leaf blowers which run on gas have the advantage of being portable, and these will generate more blowing force than blowers that use electricity.
However these are heavier, noisier, and they cost alot more, if you also factor in the cost of gas. They also require more maintenance than electric gas blowers. But if you want a leaf blower for big gardens with more blowing power, than a gas model is the way to go.
Leaf blowers that run on battery
These leaf blowers are less powerful than gas leaf blowers but they are also lighter and easier to maintain. They are also more portable, and are free from the hassle of leaf blowers that have cords and need to be connected to power sources.
Leaf blowers that run on the electric power supply
A leaf blower that runs on the electric power supply doesn’t have the convenience of gas or battery-operated models but is relatively cheaper, doesn’t need maintenance, and can be used for small to medium-sized gardens.
Specifications you should look for in a leaf blower
CFM: The cubic feed per minute is the measure of the amount of air that a leaf blower expels from the tube in any given minute and is the blowing strength of the leaf blower. The higher the CFM the more efficient the leaf blower.
MPH: The miles per hour speed is the speed at which air comes out of the leaf blower’s tube. The higher is MPH speed of the leaf blower is, easier it will be to clean away leaves in a short period of time.
Cub Centimeters (CC): This relates to the size of the blower’s engine.
Decibles (dB): Higher the CFM and MPH, higher the decibels of the leaf blower.
There are three types of leaf blowers based on portability
Hand head leaf blowers: These are fitted with smaller electric or gas motors, which means they are not very effective but you can use it for small to medium-sized gardens. These units generally operate on battery.
Leaf blowers that you can war on your back: These are a bit heavier but are more powerful than handheld models and can be used on a large garden. The entire weight of the motor will be on your back, and the nozzle will be in your hand, so it’s a convenient machine to clean large gardens. A backpack leaf blower is a convenient way to get your garden work done without sweating it out.
Walk-behind leaf blowers: These are more expensive and made for use for professional landscapers and farmers. The motor of the machine is fitted on a wheeled frame, so it makes the total weight of the machine unrestricted. This is for people with big gardens.
Best Cordless Leaf Blower in UK
Here are the top Cordless Garden Leaf Blower Vacuum
Black & Decker GW2500 Electric Leaf Blower/Vacuum
- Dual tube system - 2 speed settings
- 1 narrow tube for blowing - 1 wide tube for suction of the leaves
- Max 310km/h - 10.4 m3/min Suction
- 40L nylon bag comes with a strap to hold.
- Leaf shredding Ratio of 10:1
This leaf blower from Black & Decker is here to make your gardening easier. It has a dual tube and a double speed setting. It has a narrow tube to help with blowing, a wide tube to help with the suctioning of leaves gathered in a single place, and a 40 litre nylon bag to hold all the debris which is attached to the unit with a strap. It shreds leaves with the ratio of 10:1 so if you are looking for a leaf blower to double up as a vacuum to get rid of fallen leaves, this Black and Decker leaf blower is perfect to tidy up your medium sized garden and keep it looking its best.
VonHaus Leaf Blower - 3000W Garden Vacuum
- THE ULTIMATE TIDYING TOOL – the VonHaus 3000W Leaf Blower is ideal for tidying lawns, patios, driveways and more. Its powerful 3000W motor blows, vacuums and mulches leaves into material suitable for composting
- MULCHING FEATURE – the leaf blower compacts leaves in the generous zipped 35-litre capacity collection bag at a shredding ratio of 10:1, which means less time spent emptying the bag and more time making your garden clean and tidy
If you are looking for a leaf blower vacuum to make sure your lawns, patios, and driveways are free of fallen leaves, this VonHaus leaf blower is the ultimate choice. It has a powerful 3000W motor that has a 3 in 1 function of allowing you to blow, vacuum, and mulch leaves into a material suitable for composting.
It’s mulching feature compacts leaves in its 35 litre collection bag at the shredding ratio of 10:1, and saves you the trouble of emptying your bag and making your garden neat and tidy. It has an impressive flow rate with a powerful performance that delivers optimum efficiency.
The VonHaus leaf blower also has a shoulder strap and wheels that allow you to work in comfort for prolonged periods, a 10m power cable, as well as a thermal cut-out safety feature.
Handy THEV 3000 Electric Leaf Blower/Vacuum
- 3000 watt motor with variable speed
- 45 litre collection bag, 10 metres of cable and shoulder strap
- Nozzle Support Wheel for easy of use on hard surfaces
- Blows, Vacuums and Shreds at a ratio of 10:1
- Weight - 4.9kg
The Handy THEV 3000 is a 3 in 1 leaf blower that will make sure your home garden looks its best always. It works as a leaf blower, vacuum, and also mulches leaves in the ratio of 10:1. Handy leaf blower comes with a 40 litre collection bag so that you don’t have to keep emptying the collection bag again and again. It comes with a variable speed setting so that you can increase or decrease its vacuum power so that other materials don’t get sucked in and clog your leaf blower. It is very portable too–it comes with wheels so that you don’t have to lug it around, but it is pretty lightweight too at 4.9 kg.
Makita DUB182Z 18V Body only Cordless Li-ion Blower
- Maximum air pressure 5.4 kPa
- Maximum air volume 2.3 cubic m/minutes
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberised soft grip fits your hand perfectly to provide maximum control and comfort
- Anti-static electricity for comfortable operation
- Three air volume settings: Low, medium, high
This Makita cordless leaf blower vacuum is a great investment to make for your garden. It is powered by a 18V li-ion LXT slide type battery and comes 3 variable settings for air volume–low, medium and high so that the vacuum can be used with a dust bag, which is optional, and anti-static electricity feature so that you can use it comfortably. The Makita leaf blower comes with a 40 liter collection bag so that you don’t have to keep cleaning the mulch out. Plus,the convenience of carrying it around since its lightweight make it the best cordless leaf blower in the gardening market since it weighs only 1.36 kgs.
Ryobi OBL18JB 18V ONE+ Cordless Jet Leaf Blower
- High-efficiency jet fan Design provides maximum performance
- 160km/hr air speed
- 7.9m3/min air volume
- Variable speed control for greater control
- Built-in debris scraper
Equipped with a 18V motor, this cordless leaf blower vacuum provides powerful performance thanks to its jet fan design, variable speed control and has a built in scraper which makes sure your blower isn’t clogged with stubborn dirt and leaves. This leaf blower and vacuum has an air speed of 160km/hr and air volume of 7.9m3/min.
Greenworks 40V Cordless Leaf Blower Vacuum
- Axial fan design with Cruise control for ease of use. Cushioned, soft moulded grip for operator comfort.
- Air flow rate: up to 300 CFM, Air speed: 110Mph (177Km/h)
- One G-MAX 40V battery fits all your 40V Greenworks Tools for massive cost saving
- Light weight, only 2.34 kg (including 2Ah battery)
- Pack including one 2Ah battery and a charger, Battery and charger not included
Greenworks 40V cordless leaf blower comes with a 2.5Ah Li-Ion battery, which can last you in any other Greenworks tool, which means you can switch batteries and save on cost. This might be a cheap leaf blower, but it has premium specifications. It takes an hour or more to fully charge a battery and this cordless leaf blower comes with a 4-LED display that shows you the amount of battery power left at any point in time. The Greenworks leaf blower also has a feature called cruise control which locks in the variable speed to a fixed speed. It is easy to set and unlock the cruise control lever with the push of a thumb. The grip is cushioned and soft moulded so that it is easy to operate. The air flow rate is upto 300 CFM and air speed is 110Mph.
Greenworks Cordless Leaf Blower and Vacuum
- EASY TO START - insert 40V battery & get started: with the battery-powered leaf vacuum & blower you can start cleaning your garden immediately free & without cables - 2x 2Ah battery & charger included
- EASY HANDLING - our cordless leaf vacuum cleaner allows you to switch from blowing mode to suction mode without tools and in just a few easy steps, making your gardening work easier
If you are looking for a cordless leaf blower that is a vacuum as well, then look no further than the Greenworks Cordless Leaf Blower and Vacuum 2 in 1. This is the best leaf blower vacuum comes with a 40V battery and has a maximum air speed of 185 km/h and is low on noise and vibration. It also has a brushless Digipro motor, and a 45 litre collection bag that means you don’t have to keep making trips to the garbage bin to empty it again and again. This cordless leaf blower vacuum has 2A or 4A battery which is compatible with many other products in the Greenworks Tool range.
BLACK and DECKER Cordless Blower + Boost Mode with 2.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery
- Boost mode to tackle more stubborn debris
- Max blow speed 209 km/h for effortless cleaning of debris
- Soft grip handle
- Lightweight (only 1.7kg) for easy manoeuvrability and control
- Low noise design allows quiet operation
This BLACK and DECKER 18V cordless leaf blower will make sure your patios, drives, pavements are spic and span. It comes with a max blow speed of 209 km/H and is lightweight at 1.7 kg and can be manoeuvred easily. It also has a soft grip design, hence it is easily to carry around and use. Thanks to its marvelous design, debris from your garden, patio and front porch can be removed easily and won’t be a problem anymore. It’s not very noisy, and thus you can operate it quietly. This is the best leaf blower in the UK market because it also comes in boost mode, for when you need to take an added effort to blow away leaves.
Flymo PowerVac 3000 3-in-1 Electric Garden Blower
- Powerful, easy to use garden blower and vacuum with 16:1 shredding ratio
- Innovative conversion system and 10 m cable
- Ideal for easy clearing or leaves and garden debris
- The distinct tool-less quick-change feature easily converts from blower to Vacuum
If you are looking for a cordless leaf blower, then your search ends with the Flymo PowerVac3000 3-1 electric leaf blower and if you are looking at leaf blower reviews before making a final selection, you will see how customers are happy with this leaf blower and vacuum. This garden leaf blower has a blow speed of 310km/h and a powerful motor that will make sure your garden, porch or patio will look spic and span. It is meant for a small to medium size garden, and has a shredding ratio of 16:1, making it almost more than double the shredding ratio of an average leaf blower which has the ratio of 10:1. It is lightweight at the weight of 5.2 kg and can be easily carried around, so you won’t feel tired after lugging it around for long. This garden blower has a collection bag of 45 litres, so you won’t need to keep emptying leaf mulch into the bin again and again.
NETTA 3 in 1 Leaf Blower, 3000W Garden Vac & Shredder
- 3000W 3 IN 1 LEAF BLOWER: This NETTA 3000W 3 in 1 Leaf Blower is the ideal tool for cleaning up your garden. With blowing, vacuum and mulching settings and featuring detachable tubes for simple storage as well as a 6m power cable for ease of use, this leaf blower is sure to fulfil all of your leaf blowing needs.
- POWERFUL: The powerful 3000W will provide you with more than enough power to do what you need to do in your garden. It boasts a vacuum rate of 13m³ per minute and air speed of 275km/h. It also features an ‘easy start’ button where you can simply plug in, press on and go – meaning you can get straight to the job without wasting time.
The Netta 3 in 1 leaf blower is the ideal tool for keeping your garden clean. This homebase leaf blower performs three functions of blowing, vacuuming, and mulching with equal power. It has a vacuum rate of 13m³ per minute and air speed of 275km/h.It also has an easy start button that you can simply plug in, press on and go without wasting time. It has a 45 litre collection bag and it mulches leaves with the ratio of 10:1. This garden blower also comes with a detachable storage tube for simple storable and a 6m power cable for ease of use.
Draper Leaf Blower Blower / Garden Vacuum
- Powerful 3000W motor
- Variable air flow setting up to 270km/H
- Convenient 'vacuum to blow' control lever
- Powerful 3000W motor
- Variable air flow setting up to 270km/H
If you are looking for a 3-in-1 leaf blower, than the Draper 82104 Unknown Storm Force is here. This leaf blower has a powerful motor of 3000W and weighs 4.02 kgs. It can double up as a leaf blower, a vacuum cleaner, and also a leaf mulcher. This homebase leaf blower has a collection bag of 45litre, and it comes with a shoulder strap so it is convenient for home use.
Other uses of a leaf blowers
A leaf blower can be used for more than cleaning your garden, porch and patio of fallen leaves.
- A leaf blower can double up as a snow blower for winter. You can use it in winter to get rid of snow on your vehicles and pathways.
- It can quickly dry your car after it has been washed
- This garden blower can be used as a blower to rid your dryer’s exhaust of lint.
A leaf blower can be used for more than just blowing leaves, but is essential for keeping your gardens clean. If you want to make sure you’re maintaining your gardens properly, then also think about investing in a garden shredder, and cordless grass trimmer.