Best Gaming Monitor 2021 | Best Budget Gaming PC Monitor UK
Investing in a gaming monitor will see you through a fair many PC builds over the years, which means you need to pick the right parts in order to make sure the monitor will last long.
Here are a few important pointers that you should keep in mind while selecting the right gaming monitor for you:
While TN panels are all about budget and speed, IPS panels give you a better viewing experience.
The higher the refresh rate of your monitor, the smoother image it will be.
FreeSync and G-Sync:
FreeSync is only compatible with AMD GPUs and FreeSync-compatible displays. G-Sync, from Nvidia, is only compatible with Nvidia GPUs and G-Sync-compatible displays.
Resolution and monitor size:
The better the resolution, the better the gaming experiences, but higher resolutions also need better hardware to make sense of. The most common set up is 1080p and 24 inches, while 4K and 27+ inches set up is not very common, but the monitor will have to be paired with a high end PC to make proper use of it.
The main difference is monitor size is between widescreen (16:9) or ultrawide (21:9), where the main difference is that with more pixels in a ultrawide setup, the PC needs a higher processing hardware.
Best Seller of Gaming PC Monitor in UK
List of Best Budget Gaming Monitor in UK
HP 25x 144Hz Full HD Gaming Monitor
- The speed you need ● Ensure even the most action-packed moments are smooth, crisp, and free of motion blur with a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time
- Incredibly smooth ● Experience the difference of fluid, stutter-free gameplay on this crystal clear FHD (1920 x 1080) display with AMD FreeSync technology
The HP 25x 144Hz Full HD Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA G-Sync & AMD FreeSync Compatible, 1 ms Response time (1 DP, 1 HDMI) is one of the best gaming monitors out there because of its features that assure you the best gameplay possible. It has 144Hz refresh rate, Nvidia G-Sync compatibility and AMD FreeSync technology which promise you gameplay without any lag. The display of Quad HD screen helps you deliver the best visuals for your game, making sure all the images are life like. It has an economic display. You can enjoy 100mm of smooth, precise height which you can adjust according to your height so you don’t get neckpain, even if you want to game on the whole day.
- 144Hz refresh rate
- AMD FreeSync technology
- Nvidia G-Sync compatible
- 1ms response time with overdrive
- Micro-edge display
- Height adjustment stand
- Low blue light
- Ambient lighting
- TN panel
ASUS VG248QE 24 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Monitor
- Highly smooth action with 144 Hz rapid refresh rate and 1 ms (GTG) response time
- With an 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) and 350 cd/m square of brightness, it delivers life-like visuals in Full HD 1920 x 1080
The Asus VG248QE is considered the best 144hz gaming monitor because:
Along with a 144 HZ refresh rate, it has a 1ms (GTG) response time, an 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) and 350 cd/m square of brightness. These specs come together to promise gameplay that is not choppy and pixelated, rather one of the smoothest gaming performances.
This combined with its life-like visuals in Full HD 1920 x 1080, and an 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio, which dynamically enhances the display’s contrast by adjusting the luminance of the backlight to achieve the darkest black and brightest white colours. These features combined together will give you life-like gaming experience.
It has the ASUS GamePlus function hotkey for a comfortable gaming environment and experience, and comfortable viewing experience with ergonomic design for swivel, tilt, pivot, and height adjustment. There’s also a DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports ensure extensive connectivity and compatibility with multimedia devices or game consoles.
BenQ GL2780 27 Inch 1080p 1 ms 75 Hz LED Eye-Care Gaming Monitor, Anti-Glare, HDMI
- Stunning full HD display: Enjoy immaculate 16:9 image quality with 1920 x 1080 resolution and fast 1 ms GTG response time
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: Minimize distractions and create virtually seamless multi-panel configurations
- Multi-connectivity: HDMI, DVI, DP, and VGA ports offer convenience to switch between media devices with ease
BenQ GL2780 27 Inch 1080p 1 ms 75 Hz LED Eye-Care Gaming Monitor, Anti-Glare, HDMI
The specs in this machine make it the best gaming monitor out there. It features 1ms GtG response time, 75Hz refresh rate, and a dynamic ratio, to make sure your gameplay is of topnotch quality.
The display promises a 16:9 image quality with 1920 x 1080 resolution, and an edge to edge bezel design, making it as pleasing to look as the gameplay on it. It also LED with TN panel because of which this monitor will bring you a spectacular visual experience to you with authentic colours, deeper blacks, and sharper details. It supports multi-connectivity with HDMI, DVI, DP, and VGA ports which will offer convenience to switch between media devices with ease. It actively adjusts brightness according to on-screen content and ambient light conditions, and has a cable management system that will hide all the cable inside the monitor stand.
Acer Nitro VG240Ybmipx 23.8 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor
- Crisp, true-to-life colours come alive in vivid 1080P courtesy of the IPS technology
- Amd FreeSync ends choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate
This Acer Nitro is the best gaming monitor out there. It brings all the games to life with crisp, true-to-life colours in a vivid 1080P display by its IPS technology, its impactful inbuilt 2-speaker system.
The 3 pronged stand, and it’s bezel-less frame, thanks to its zero frame design is another feature that put it on our best gaming monitors list. It comes with a 75 Hz refresh rate and 1 ms response Boost (vrb) technology, so that your gaming experience is free of blur and seamless, add to the fact that it has Amd FreeSync, which means you will never have choppy gameplay and broken frames when you are gaming away to glory. The extremely thin display also means you can keep the desk you keep it on clutter-free. There’s no need to fiddle with buttons to change its brightness settings too, there’s a monitor setting widget that will make it easy for you.
The ergonomic design tilt of -5° to 20° means you won’t have a backache even if you game for hours at a stretch.
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ, 27 Inch 4K (3840 x 2160) Gaming Monitor
- 27-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) HDR gaming monitor supports an ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate for super-smooth gaming visuals
- NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR delivers vivid realism with HDR for lifelike contrast & colour, with the brightest whites & darkest blacks, that brings out details like never before.
With a 27-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) HDR screen supports an ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate for super-smooth gaming visuals, this Asus Rog Swift is the best gaming monitor out there. It has a NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR, which makes all games seem lifelike with its HDR contrast will make you notice details in your games that you have never before. It has a quantum-dot IPS display with a wide DCI-P3 colour gamut for realistic colours and smoother gradation, a 3 Pin Plug is present at the bottom of the box, and a VESA wall mounting, which gives you a better, more ergonomic way of playing any computer game.
It also adjusts screen brightness according to your liking. It has a built-in light sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen according to the lighting around you, making sure the display is neither to bright, neither to dull. It also has Aura Sync, ROG Light Signal and Light Signature, and an inbuilt ROG light signal that casts the ROG logo to create the perfect atmosphere for gaming.
HP 24f Ultraslim Full HD Monitor (1920 x 1080) 23.8 Inch
- Built from lightweight, high-strength metal with a matte finish and high-polished resin, this ultra-slim display brings home a modern look and feel without the premium price tag
- With its vivid IPS panel, this micro-edge display delivers ultra-wide viewing angles and crisp, clear picture quality; it's an expansive viewing experience, suitable for dual display setups
Why is the HP 24f Ultraslim Full HD Monitor the best gaming monitor out there?
It has an IPS panel that gives you have ultra-wide viewing angles and crisp clear picture quality which make it perfect for dual display setups. It has FHD resolution and AMD free sync which promises gameplay that is not choppy, without any broken frames.
It is built from lightweight, high-strength metal with a matte finish, and high-polished resin, with an ultra-slim display that makes sure your monitor looks premium. It also has an anti-glare and anti-static display which means your eyes will not get strained even after hours of playing PC games on the system. It has an ergonomic display that tilts from -5 to 25 degrees, and it comes with a 2 years warranty too.
- Full HD display / 1080p display
- Anti-glare panel
- Low Blue Light
- Ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- 5 milisecond gray-to-gray response time
- 10,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Micro-edge display
iiyama G2530HSU-B1 24.5" G-Master HD LED Gaming Monitor with FreeSync and USB
- TN LCD TECHNOLOGY – TN LCD is a great all round display technology, providing some of the fastest response times on the market, as well as delivering a vibrant and sharp image.
- 144Hz - Rapid refresh rate and frame rate guarantee smooth, blur free and judder free graphics, with lower latency and lag improving response times for fast paced games. Especially suited to the fast pace games like FPS, racers, MOBA and sports where the 144Hz refresh rate delivers the crisp and sharp images needed to raise your game.
Your search for the best gaming monitor ends here. The 24.5” Black Hawk G-MASTER G2530HSU makes sure your PC gaming experience is like no other. Its display is capable of giving you Full HD images at 75Hz refresh rate, it’s Black Tuner function and FreeSync Technology with a stunning 1 ms response time, will mean your gaming experience will be so realistic that you will be hooked. The display allows you to see every tiny detail, even on the shadowed screen areas, and you will be able to respond to the changing situation in an instant.
It also has an input for VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, speakers, headphone connector, and a USB hub gives you plenty of support for connecting anything you want to the monitor.
Users also get the benefit of the black tuner, which lets users adjust brightness and dark shades and helps you with sharper vision in shadowed areas of PC games, which means, you’ll always be one step ahead. The best feature is that it has integrated speakers, and a headphone socket, along with predefined gaming modes for FPS and strategy.
- 1ms Response time
- Height adjustable stand
- Flicker Free
- Blue Light Reducer
- Black Tuner
- Predefined & Custom Gaming Modes
Dell SE2417HGX 23.6 Inch TN, Anti Glare, LED-backlit 2019 Gaming Monitor (Black)
- Experience good-quality visuals with an impressively fast response time
- Seamlessly switch between work and play with the enhanced dual HDMI connectivity ports
- Clear, quality visuals, enjoy crisp visuals and vibrant colours with full HD clarity (1920 x 1080)
This is the best monitor for gaming because of the specs that set it apart. It has a high contrast ratio, and a 23.6-inch matte screen makes sure all your gameplay will be spectacular. The gameplay is enhanced by tear-free visuals with a 75 Hz refresh rate, its reduced deviation in transition time means that no game of yours will lag. You can game on for hours without tiring your eyes out, by minimizing blue light of the monitor and reduce distractions with a flicker-free, anti-glare screen. You can easily customize monitor settings by easy-access controls on the bottom bezel of the screen where you can fine-tune the colours, brightness, and contrast of the screen for the right view. It has dual HDMI connectivity ports, which means you can even plug in your laptop for work when you are done with your gaming console, or better, you can keep both plugged in.
Samsung LC49HG90DMUXEN 49" Curved 1ms Ultra Wide 144Hz Monitor
- connectivity technology: 2 x HDMI, 1 x Displayport, 1 x Mini Displayport, 2 x USB 3.0
- Set Dimension with Stand - 1203.0 x 525.5 x 381.6 mm. Set Dimension without Stand - 1203.0 x 369.4 x 194.4 mm. Set Weight with Stand - 15.10 kg
If you are looking for the best 144hz gaming monitor, your search ends here. This Samsung gaming monitor has great specs, packed with sleek looks to make it one of the best gaming monitors out there. It’s 49-inch ultra-wide monitor with new metal Quantum dot technology means your colour display will be at its sharpest.
The 144hz screen refresh rate ensures that your gameplay is going to be smooth and as lifelike as possible. It also comes with ‘Arena Lighting’ which projects a pulsating light show on to a wall behind the monitor, adding extra atmosphere to your gameplay. The game-style OSD dashboard menu of the monitor lets customize your player settings with ease and lets you create shortcut keys. IT has an easy setting box that lets you partition the screen or display multiple screens of different settings, all according to your customized needs.
Alienware AW3418DW 34 Inch Curved IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Gaming Monitor - (Black Grey)
- Dell Premium Panel Exchange will send out a replacement panel within one business day during your 3-year warranty period even if only one bright pixel is found
- Optimize eye comfort; The flicker-free screen with ComfortView, which reduces low blue lightemissions, optimizes eye comfort (TUV certified).
This is easily the best gaming monitor that you have ever laid your eyes on.
It comes with a premium 3-year warranty period and has awe-inspiring specs.
The flicker-free screen of the monitor comes with ComfortView, which reduces low blue lightemissions, optimizes eye comfort (TUV certified), so you don’t have to worry about staring at the computer screen for too long.
With WQHD at 120Hz refresh rate, and gamers without NVIDIA card to support native 100Hz refresh rate, it ensures you have smooth, lifelike gameplay that you can enjoy. It comes in the iconic design with AlienFX Lighting in 4 lighting zones, 1 with a downlight sensor, which will light up quick access front USB ports and headphone ports, so that your monitor always looks ultra-cool. It also has an adjustable stand allows users to tilt, swivel, and adjust the height of the monitor to their personal viewing comfort for long hours of gameplay.
ASUS VS248HR, 24 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Monitor
- 50,000,000:1 ASUS smart contrast ratio. Asus support line: 01442-265548 for queries related to the product.
- Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) support
- Quick response time of 1 ms (GTG) eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid video playback
The delicate touches are what make this monitor the best gaming monitor out there, with its 50,000,000:1 high contrast ratio and HDMI interface, which is optimized for the finest image and coulor quality. The Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) support, the quick response time of 1 ms (GTG) means that you won’t need to lag through your gameplay. It has a mercury-free LED-backlit panel, that dynamically enhances the display’s contrast by adjusting the luminance of the backlight to achieve the darkest black and brightest white – delivering lifelike images.
The splendid video intelligence technology optimizes video performance and image fidelity by enhancing colour, brightness, contrast, and sharpness with 6 preset modes (scenery, theater, game, night view, sRGB and standard) that can be selected via a hotkey.